Mission Statement: Established in 2013, East Jasmine Review is an electronic literary magazine that publishes quality fiction, nonfiction, poetry, articles and reviews. Our first goal is to publish diverse voices that may not have mainstream access or traditional access to publishing. This includes but is not limited to LGBTQIA, ethnic minorities, women, lower socio-economic status, those who are older or younger, religious minorities, and non-American persons. We are looking to build an inclusive online community and audience for our voices. Our second goal is to earn enough revenue to pay for 1) web hosting fees, 2) promotional material, and 3) small publication payments to authors. Our third goal is move into online and print publication in addition to electronic.
We are primarily looking for unpublished works, though we may consider previously published works (please have the rights to re-publish this, if you are not sure, contact the publisher). By submitting, you agree to give us the First Electronic Rights to print this as an online serial magazine. All rights revert to the author upon publication.
As a contributor to the East Jasmine Review, you will be given the electronic publication in .epub, .mobi, and .pdf to view your work. We ask that you refrain from distributing your work to others.
Submit online here: eastjasminereview.submittable.com/submit
- We do not accept multiple submissions in fiction.
- We are looking for original, unpublished fiction. Any genre is acceptable. We are looking for flash fiction and longer works of fiction. Work should be under 5000 words. We tend to like work that is a little shorter—the longer it is, the better it should be!
- We love the feeling, the “sigh,” after we read a great story that lingers for a moment to several hours.
- Submit 1-5 poems in a single document. We do not accept multiple submissions in poetry (only one document with 1-5 poems).
- We are looking for fresh poetry of any type. We have no set aesthetic. Poetry should be previously unpublished elsewhere.
- Please upload only one creative nonfiction story of less than 5000 words at a time. We do not accept multiple submissions for creative nonfiction.
- We are looking for fresh, insightful creative nonfiction that tells a story—whether it is your story or a story you know well. We are also looking for beautifully told stories or events of everyday life.
- Articles should be under 4000 words. We do not accept multiple submissions for articles.
- We primarily looking for articles on the craft and art of writing in any of the three major genres. Articles can cover any sort of topic as long as it pertains to writing or the writing lifestyle. If you have a topic in mind that doesn’t fit these guidelines please query us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Article Query” as the subject.
- Please upload a review of no more than 1200 words.
- We are looking for insightful reviews of creative works that give us the heart of piece. Please keep your reviews professional.