How do you read our wonderful magazine on your e-reader? Or on the computer? We give you three file types: .mobi (for Kindle), .epub (for many devices) and .pdf (for computer and e-reader devices—we recommend .mobi or .epub for e-readers as they have more native functionality). If you already know how to get files to your e-reader, you are good! If not, we have some simplified instructions below. You can also use google to help if our links are not clear enough.
- Install Adobe Reader (get here)
- Double click the .pdf
- Double click the .pdf file and it will open in Preview or Adobe Acrobat.
For Kindle (.mobi file):
- To add a file to your Kindle, attach via USB and drag and drop the .mobi into the “Documents” folder or send to your free Kindle email over wireless. More directions here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200505520
For iPad/iPhone (.epub file):
- Open iTunes and drag the .epub file to the books section. Depending on your version of iTunes, the location may vary.
- If you have “sync all books” selected, sync the i device.
- If you have “sync select books” checked, make sure that East Jasmine Review (of the issue you want) is selected, then sync.
For Nook (.epub file):
You can connect your NOOK to a computer (using the NOOK Tablet microUSB cable) to transfer personal files. Your NOOK will appear on your computer as a removable drive. Just click on the file (.epub) on your computer and copy it (drag-and-drop) to the appropriate NOOK folder. (from http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Support-NOOK-Tablet/379003185/)
For Kobo (.epub file):
- Much like the nook, attach to computer and drag the .epub file to the removable drive.